Labiaplasty Specialist in Lawrenceville, GA
Labiaplasty is a quick and easy procedure that can reduce the size or modify the appearance of the labia for a more comfortable and pleasing shape. Dr. Marc Jean-Gilles, DO, FACOG, a licensed and board-certified gynecologist located in Lawrenceville, GA, can assist in removing excess skin and tissue from the labia minora to achieve a more appealing and comfortable appearance. For more information, contact us today or book an appointment online. We are located at 601A Professional Drive, Suite 370 Lawrenceville, GA 30046.
Table of Contents:
Labiaplasty is a surgical procedure that alters the size and shape of the labia minora and labia majora, which are the folds of skin surrounding the vaginal opening. The purpose of labiaplasty is to address concerns related to discomfort, aesthetic appearance, or functional issues that affect a woman’s self-confidence and quality of life.
In some cases, the labia is naturally larger or asymmetrical. This can cause physical discomfort during exercise, sexual intercourse, and when wearing tight clothing. Labiaplasty is designed to alleviate these discomforts and enhance your overall well-being. Furthermore, some women choose labiaplasty for cosmetic reasons. This procedure achieves a more aesthetically pleasing look for the labia, which can significantly boost self-esteem and body confidence.
Labiaplasty is a surgical procedure used to address the specific concerns and needs of each patient. While there is no strict set of qualifications, certain factors make a person likely to be a suitable candidate for labiaplasty. These factors include:
• Chronic physical discomfort – Women who are experiencing discomfort or irritation due to enlarged or asymmetrical labia can benefit from labiaplasty. The procedure can alleviate chronic discomfort and improve quality of life.
• Aesthetic concerns – Those who are dissatisfied with the appearance of their labia and wish to achieve a more balanced and aesthetically pleasing look can consider this procedure.
• Emotional wellness – Women whose self-esteem and body confidence are affected by the appearance of their labia often find that labiaplasty enhances their emotional well-being and helps them feel their best selves.
• No current infections – Candidates for labiaplasty should not have any active infections or medical conditions that could compromise the surgery’s effectiveness or the healing process.
Our experienced medical specialists are committed to providing personalized consultations to determine if labiaplasty is the right choice for your goals and health needs. To deliver favorable results and a transformative experience, we place the highest priority on your safety, comfort, and treatment objectives.
Labiaplasty, like any surgical procedure, carries certain risks and considerations. It’s important for those considering this procedure to be well-informed about potential issues. Some of the potential concerns about the procedure include:
• Infection – As with any surgery, there is a risk of infection at the incision site. By following post-operative care instructions diligently, you can significantly minimize this risk.
• Swelling and bruising – Some degree of swelling and bruising is normal after a labiaplasty procedure. These side effects usually subside in the weeks following the surgery.
• Scarring – While skilled medical professionals take care to minimize this occurrence, there is a possibility of some visible scarring at the incision sites.
• Altered sensation – Some women report experiencing temporary or permanent changes in sensation, including increased or decreased sensitivity in the treated area.
• Dissatisfaction with results – While a majority of women are satisfied with the outcomes of labiaplasty, others may have unrealistic expectations or be dissatisfied with the results. During the initial consultation, it’s crucial to have an open and honest conversation with the specialist about your objectives for treatment to ensure they are realistic.
The decision to undergo labiaplasty is a personal one, so there is no specific age requirement for the procedure. Women of various ages consider labiaplasty treatment for different reasons. Some women seek this procedure to address discomfort or irritation caused by enlarged labia minora, while others do so for purely aesthetic reasons.
It’s important to ensure that the patient is emotionally mature and understands the implications of the procedure before moving forward. Medical specialists recommend waiting until the labia has fully developed before considering labiaplasty, which typically occurs during early adulthood. During the initial consultation, we will discuss your concerns, desires, and medical history to determine if labiaplasty is the right option for you. Our goal is to support and guide our valued patients in making informed decisions that best fit their needs and expectations.
Dr. Marc Jean-Gilles, DO, FACOG performs Labiaplasty at Abundant Life Healthcare and has helped various women attain their desired bodies. For more information, contact us today or book an appointment online. We are located at 601A Professional Drive, Suite 370 Lawrenceville, GA 30046. We serve patients from Lawrenceville GA, Suwanee GA, Snellville GA, Duluth GA, Auburn GA, Loganville GA, and surrounding areas.
Additional Services You May Like
Additional Services You May Like
- Birth Control
- Weight Loss
- Pap Smears
- Pelvic Pain
- Laser Hair Removal
- In House Ultrasound (Including 3D)
- Vaginal Birth After C-Section (VBAC)
- Pregnancy As High Risk
- Multiple Gestations
- Postpartum Counseling
- 24hour/365days On Call Service
- Annual Exam
- Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
- Management Of Endometriosis
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Urinary Incontinence
- Perimenopause And Menopause
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Fat Freeze (Like Cool Sculpting)
- Body Contouring